SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
centricrain

planting suggestions for retaining wall

CentricRain
20 years ago

Hello =)

I just built a 3ft retaining wall to help kill the steep slope that was so hard to mow and to help level it some. I also built in 2 planters that are 1 1/2 high that I am going to plant tulips in. After they come and go, not sure what I'm gonna do there either. But what I really need suggestions on is what to plant behind the wall. The wall is 70 feet long and I built in stairs in the middle and a planter on each side. I also built it to curve gracefully and would like to plant following it. Lots of space to plant. On top of the hill is a willow tree that the stairs lead to, but does not cast any shade where I would be planting. This is Full sun all day. I dont want any more trees in this area but shrubs would be fine. I love hummers and butterflies and would like to plant for them too. Also, I live out in the country If that helps. The wall kinda takes away from that and I would like to make it fit in more. Any Ideas and suggestions would be great!

"Don't be afraid to break all the rules. If it doesn't work - only then do you know you've done something wrong."

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus