SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meredith_e

Serbian Spruce bareroot planting, some browning

I don't have much experience with treating problems with conifers -- my apologies!

I planted some gorgeous 16-20" Serbian Spruces about a month ago. They were bareroot, and I knew it might be late to plant them, but I got a great price :)

3 on one side of the house are doing beautifully. This is full sun all day. The same planting mix, watering, etc, as all the others.

3 on the other side of the house, in shade in the morning, are doing beautifully. They browned a touch, but they have pretty new green buds.

The two farther out in that row, in full sun, are browning and losing needles. The needles are half green. They feel moist, but they fall off if you touch them. Help!

The only other known difference is that I chose the biggest ones with the fullest foliage to put out there as the first 2 viewed. It's not a major difference, but the scraggliest one at planting time is the one with the best new buds, lol.

I put up shade cloth to their South yesterday. Please, I'd love any other suggestions. It went from cool to fairly hot and humid quickly, so I'm not totally surprised to encounter some problems :(

Comments (3)