SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hyperinfinity11

Orange Seedling - Progress Report

hyperinfinity11
13 years ago

So, I planted a couple seeds from a Valencia orange about a month and a half ago, and just a couple weeks ago this little guy sprouted.(though more likely than not, he won't be anything like his parents) He hasn't had much growth for being two weeks old, and my guess is that it's due to lack of light(it's hard to get sufficient like during the cold, often cloudy, short days of late fall and winter... too close to a window and it'll be too cold, because of the draft); however, I'm quite proud of him.

I figured I might as well make a little online 'progress report' on how he's doing. I'll update it when I can. Here's a picture of him from just a couple days ago; he's starting to grow another pair of leaves!(though you probably can't see it due to the blurry picture)

{{gwi:653874}}

Right now he's just in a seed starting soil mix... but anyone know a good recipe for a soil mix for citrus plants? His roots are sure to outgrow this teeny two-inch pot very soon.

Also, any tips on getting him to grow more and stronger? At the very least, I want to get him through this winter and into the warmer, sunnier days of spring and summer.

Comments (17)