SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girlgroupgirl

best laid plans

girlgroupgirl
14 years ago

are on hold.

My friend, a landscape designer came over today to give us guidance on the back yard. I so appreciated all his help. Our intentions for our back yard are "right" however it all needs to be bigger to capture the water that flows "through" (that's the idea...through) it.

{{gwi:639599}}

The water got higher and much wider than this, several times this year.

My beautiful constructed waterway has to be destructed and enlarged greatly. Our first move is to beg the city to put an inlet in to hold the water that is illegally being dumped into common areas and moves into our property. They also need to dig up the old drain pipes and enlarge them all (that black circle has a city drain in it). If that fails we have to enlarge the whole waterway greatly and eventually do our own work to the drains once we can be incognito.

So no planting for a long time. My poor shrubs and trees sitting here waiting for a home. Before September and we decided to play Noah, the water way was working like a charm and it all seemed like we were ready to get to work planting. It is frustrating! I'm so READY to get back and side yards. I can not even do the side as wished (and boy, I'd begun by having HUGE pieces of concrete installed for circular walkway.

Where on earth we find the funds to get this job done, I don't know....

GGG

Comments (16)

Sponsored