SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sierra_z2b

A plan???? maybe...

16 years ago

Okay, just to show what a bad influence you all are on me.....I have taken a bunch of your ideas and put them all together and now have a plan. ;-) A plan??? How can I possibly follow a plan for my own garden, you ask...WELL.....

I borrowed Tracy's idea of actually comming up with a plan for my own garden. This plan is in my head, don't want to take the time to actually map it out on paper. I am going to re-vamp my back yard this year....so I am actually planning for it, in advance. First I have to take out more weeds...errrr I mean lawn...and then add lots of compost and mix it in. This will join the island bed to the back holding beds as well as joining the lilac hedge bed. So basically it will be all one garden with no lawn strips to cut....except for the walkways.

Then...I borrowed Gottagardens plan for her red bed, but instead of red I am going to do a pink bed. This bed will actually be allowed to have some purples/blues and whites in there as well. The whites should highlight the other colors nicely and give some nice evening glow to the garden. However the main color is intended to be pink. Absolutely no yellows.

Then I borrowed Annette's idea from the shasta daisy thread to move some shastas over from my side garden, for some of the white plants.

Because this garden will be on the side with the neighbour that is stinky (Piles stinky garbage up against the fence and leaves it there) and stands out there and screeches at her kids all day, I wanted plants that could be tended quickly so I don't have to be in that area very long. The back of this bed has a hedge of purple lilacs, but in summer will be a nice green back drop. I plan to add pink and white delphs. Rose Lupins, pink and purple daylilies, white catananche (hoping it will be hardy for z2), shastas, pink and purple siberian iris, pink peony and purple and white bearded iris. Oh ya and there are a couple of pink or salmon colored oriental poppies in the island bed already...so I will just leave them there and work around them. For shorter plants in the front of these, I am thinking dianthus and a few other things. Oh ya and to also add pink and or white lilies as well.

Hmmmm is this the old fashioned cottage flowers that some of you were talking about? LOL!

Sierra

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths