SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gw

Garden magazines at the thrift store.....

schoolhouse_gw
15 years ago

I found some treasure today. If this isn't the proper forum for this post, I'm sorry. Moderators can move or delete:

Picked up a Garden & Home Builder magazine from July 1927, with "Mount Vernon Number" on the cover. Inside, articles and photos of the home, buildings and gardens of Mt. Vernon; and an article on George Washington, fabrics used in his day, ect.

Also, two House and Garden magazines, the one from November 1937 is all about Williamsburg Virginia! Houses, gardens and more. The other of January 1942 has on its cover: "Planning a Defense Garden - How to Grow and Preserve Necessary Fruits and Vegetables".

All three are of large format, like old magazines used to be. Beautiful covers, fair to good condition. I wish you could see the cover of the Defense Garden issue - all types of veggies, fruits and flowers about the borders. I paid $2 each. I think I got a deal don't you? Plus all proceeds from sales at this thrift store benefit "Every Woman's House" a sanctuary for women who are enduring rough times.

Comments (2)

Sponsored