SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
conifers_gw

'Plants of The Wild' A Seedling Company

conifers
17 years ago

I purchased for 50 dollars and some change the best conifer seedlings I've EVER gotten and wanted to share with everyone photos of this batch of 145 seedlings. All seedlings are the same price and are sent as a 4" plug (what a steal!) and all are ready to pot to a small tree band container for grafting this coming winter. I'm just shocked.

The company is online and grows native nursery stock only limited to the Pacific Northwest. They do however grow only the hardiest forms of varietal species. As an example the batch of Pinus contorta var. latifolia is from an Idaho seed source. What a deal!

Abies fraseri

{{gwi:703255}}

Juniperus scopulorum (The only grower I've ever found to have Juniper [seedlings])

{{gwi:703256}}

Larix occidentalis (Larix are virtually never offered either or cost more than 35 cents a seedling - what a deal)

{{gwi:703258}}

Picea engelmannii

{{gwi:703260}}

Pinus contorta var. latifolia

{{gwi:703261}}

And the kicker to all this is from what I remember about ordering is that after you've met the minimum which is about 25 plants (you may wish to check this as I'm not sure) is that you can purchase any number of random seedlings for that 35 cent each price. It's crazy.

Definitely the best source I've found, plus you can't beat working with plugs versus bareroots, in my opinion. They pot up so quickly and less casualties too. Less work and better results, what else is there to get worked up about!

Dax

Comments (7)