SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kiddo_1

Garden blogs - adding pages

kiddo_1
15 years ago

If you use Google Blogger, you can have more than one blog and then you can link them together like I do on mine.

When you first sign into your blog, you are at your 'Dashboard' that shows you the blogs you have. In the upper right hand corner there (right straight across from "manage blogs") there is link called "create a blog". This link will take you to a page where you can create another blog for yourself.

What I do is name it the exact same name as my first blog, only add a "2" at the end of the name so I know which blog I'm posting to. For instance my blog name is melissa-majora. The new blog I created is melissa-majora2 (and my next blog was melissa-majora3). You set it up just like you set up your original blog, pick your layouts, fonts, etc. For consistency sake, I used the same layout on all pages so the blogs all look more like a website than a lot of individual blogs. I also put the same password on each blog. (Saves my poor brain from having to learn new stuff.)

One tip, when you do your layouts, where you can put the TITLE of the blog, make it different enough from your original blog, else when you come into your dashboard next time, it looks like you have 2 blogs the same. (ie: my original blog is called "The Gardens at Melissa Majora". I titled the 2nd blog "Melissa Majora - Flowers" and the 3rd blog "Melissa Majora - Vegetables". By putting different titles on each, you can easily pick which blog you are going to post to during that visit.

On your original blog, if you don't already have a gadget that lets you link out to other pages, just go to the layout link and select a link gadget. Then when asked to put in a link, put in the name of your 'next page' of blog. ie: to link from my original blog page to the 2nd blog, the link is like this: http://www.melissa-majora2.blogspot.com Then, when the visitor clicks on this link, presto! They are on the 2nd blog "page". They can use their 'back' button to return to the 1st blog.

You can see this multi-blogging/linking action at my blog.

Good luck! And if ya need more info...ya know where to find me. :-)

Kris

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio