SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
clady99_gw

Weeping Blue Atlas cedar need training & general advice

clady99
16 years ago

Hello, I see many informed people in this forum- im hoping for some advice.I bought a WBAC- because I thought it was the coolest cutest thing. Didnt do my research 1st- since I see many of them all over the neighborhood i assumed they were simple easy trees. So now I see they can get huge & will need some training since its right in front of the house by the walkway I cant let it get crazy. Its already serpentine about 5 - 6 feet tall. So Im wondering- If I dont stake it & train it to continue the S pattern, will it just start to grow how ever it feels, most likely straight out to the side, parallel to the ground?If I train it to keep S'ing- Can I keep doing that for as tall as it grows? it wont get too heavy or tall to keep the Serpentine shape? or will i eventually have to let it grow out, or down? Also, I see they can get very tall- I assume if it keeps the serpentine shape, this can reduce my height- for example, if it were stretched up or out it might be 15 feet but curving it it could actually only be say 10 feet? Thanks so much for the help- i love my new tree!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths