SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
antonv_gw

Im new here =)

antonv
17 years ago

Hey everyone, I have a couple of questions about my newly acquired meyer lemon tree. I purchased it from Belleclare nursery, here on Long Island. It is a dwarf, everbearing meyer lemon tree. It is nicely established, probably 5 or 6 years old, in more of a bush-type form, rather than a single trunk. It is loaded with about 75 lemons right now(which are delicious,btw). Supposedly, it produces lemons all year round, in the house in the winter, with minimal sunlight.

I dont have any experience with citrus. I have been on gardenweb for years in the fig forum, so I know that I can make this plant successful here in NY. What types of soil does it like? Well draining? It seems to be doing fine, so Im just gonna switch the pot, and keep the original soil. What types of feeding cycles does it need? Fertilizing, weekly or monthly food, lime, salts, nitrogen, ph????? How much water does it like? Humidity?

Also, how should I alter the cycles between inside and outside of the house? Just so you all know, it will always be potted, and will never be put in the ground. I dont really care about getting lemons in the winter...this isnt why I bought it. I cannot ask the people from the nursery, because it closed...they retired.

What types of diseases and pest problems can I expect?

Right now, I just want to keep a good feeding cycle, without shocking the plant from what it is used to already. It is super healthy!!!

I know I asked a bunch of questions....if You only answer one, I would be very grateful!!

thank you all for your time.

ciao,

Anton

Comments (3)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner