SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grabmebymyhandle

My Aloe plicatilis...

grabmebymyhandle
11 years ago

Just got this bad boy 6 months ago, its been on my must have list for some time...

Its about 10 inches tall, potted in miracle grow moisture mix, on my desk in my window less office, My question when will it flower?

Im joking, just tryin to mess with a few of you guys : D

It is actually about 10 inches tall, its just starting to branch, but it is still in the crappy peat mix from the grower, i got it at the big box store, imagine that.

Its lookin nice, Im aware its a winter grower and mines woken up good, its pushed out near a dozen new leaves in the 3 weeks its been at full activity.

Ive never grown one before, and dont have the best luck with winter growers historically, Ive tried to do my homework but i still could use some advice, Im thinking now that its growing again im safe to repot it, i know its best done during dormancy but i didnt want to chance losing it while it was asleep and potentially weak from bad culture and a rough trip. Sound about right?

Any other advice would be just fine too, Ive wanted one of these guys a while now and would like for it to be all it can be, I plan to propagate as much as possible, as well as hopefully generate several nice specimens.

Thanks

Comments (16)