SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluesunflower_gw

Glimpses of my garden today (huge pics)

bluesunflower
14 years ago

Here are a few little bits of my new garden. The garden is only in its second and it is my first so I am still learning a whole lot!

{{gwi:624257}}

I love this angle of light. To me it looks like eveything is glowing.

{{gwi:624258}}

I discovered that I really like this plant. So I planted a ton. I never met a seed I didn't plant.

A year and a half ago I used a stick to support a flower. Yesterday we used the chain saw to cut it down! I'm from Arizona, sticks don't grow. Especially into huge trees!

{{gwi:624259}}

Can you believe I still have tulips hanging on?! I thought the blue center was pretty cool. These are in the blue garden... since they were supposed to be blue. They look black in the shade and deep burgandy in the sun. They get to stay. :-)

{{gwi:624261}}

This is my blue garden. I am on a mission to get the perfect shot that shows the blues like they are in real life. Turns out to be near impossible. sigh

{{gwi:624264}}

There are so many buds on these things. It ought to be a hoot. I suppose there is probably something inherently wrong with mixing ferns and poppies but they seem to be working it out.

{{gwi:624266}}

So it turns out that the forget me nots look positively weedy in full sun. I had no idea, yuk. This is one side of a two streams leading to the big pond.

Note the wire in the background. It is my neighbors electric horse fence. I feel like Tom Cruise trying not to trip the security wires in Mission Impossible everytime I am working up there. The shock sure gets your attention.

Comments (17)

Sponsored