SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ecosse_gw

Should I risk leaving Haworthia out awhile longer?

ecosse
16 years ago

Hi All!

I'd like to know if it would be risky leaving my Haworthia "Picta" out on my south facing balcony for awhile longer? I acquired it back the first of Oct.(see below), and thanks to the great advice from you here on GW, it is thriving, and even handled a potting up in stride. A couple of weeks ago, I noticed some new growth in the 3 rosettes, and it appears that they all have flower buds down inside! IÂm excited about seeing these bloom but there is a problem. Our temps had stayed warm much later this year: 75F day, 50F night (24C, 10C)- until 2 days ago. Our "cold" weather arrived suddenly, it is now (and predicted for the week) 58F day, 36F night (14C, 2.5C). My balcony runs several degrees warmer, though my recording thermometer listed 39F for lowest temp last night, and the humidity is low, as always.

I donÂt know whether to leave it out for it to bloom, or would bringing it to a sunny window work as well? IÂve read the recent "Frost Tolerances" post (probably be okay), but the grower said "not much below 40 F". As it is supposed to be over 15 years old, and a beauty, of course I'd like to do whats best for it.

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Oct 6 post

Comments (8)