SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
midnightsmum

for Sierra - Random Acts of Kindness

And I do not have my tongue in my cheek.

On Wednesday, after meeting friends for lunch, I had to attend a meeting for my schooling. After that, I went to check my cousin's townhouse. I was going to shovel her walkway(she has a service for the lane), water her plants, and generally make sure that her home was OK. This, btw, is the daughter of my actual cousin, who lived with me while getting her government job. She hasn't been home for a couple of weeks, as her Dad became very ill. He was going through Chemo and Radiation, but by all accounts was doing well....then his sodium levels got screwed up, and he died a few days later. It was very shocking. So, I have pine boughs in my truck bed, along with my dried sunflower heads and gold sprayed birch twigs to make one of her planters at the front door kinda Christmassy. I'm not sure if they are coming up here before or after Christmas. I will be honest that I was not looking forward to the shovelling, because of my snapped knee ligament. As I pulled into her hood, someone was shovelling her walkway! I pulled into the visitor parking. It was her new neighbour. I really thanked him, and introduced myself. Since she travels for her work, he thought she was on the road. When I told him about her Dad's death, he was very compassionate. He had met the Dad in the summer, and could not believe he had gone downhill so quickly. So, I checked around the house, made her bed for her, and tidied her room a bit. Flushed all of the toilets, checked the plants, pulled a couple of xmas decorations out of the basement, and put them around the house. Satisfied that I done my good deed, I went home, to try to find the phone number of the guy who had said he'd shovel my lane and walkways for $20. When I pulled up to my lane, it was all shovelled out!!! yea!! No bill, no note. I still don't know who shovelled me out!!!

Have any of you been the donor, or the recipient, of a random act of kindness??

Nancy.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!