SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phebe_greenhouse

What have you done with citrus this week?

phebe_greenhouse
13 years ago

I did an inventory of citrus plants in the greenhouse. Found something labeled "limonia" and wrote Logees and asked what it might be. I hope it's not another Ponderosa....

I made up a fertilizer mix including chelated iron, N2, epson salts, and vinegar. Watered one plant with it that was yellowing. Keeping the rest handy for every couple weeks till I realize winter has come and I have to stop that till spring. They were deprived all summer when I was ill so I figure they are entitled.

Found a plant with a saucer under it, and the leaves were drooping. Uh-oh ---- out went the saucer, and miraculously, the plant's leaves straightened out in two days. Okay, I get it, no overwatering. I have stopped spraying them daily like I do all the cuttings of ornamentals, after reading advice from this list.

Pruned the stressed plants from outside and potted up four tops to root, using Hormodin 3 (extra strength). Am spraying daily with water, in the hottest period. Three cuttings look good, so far.

The plumber was here and I couldn't garden outside, so I made a "Citrus I have" list to reduce duplication and cut-and-pasted a lot of delicious catalog descriptions. Went over all the offerings at Four Winds and made a "these I REALLY want" list. Found that Logees is newly offering a Turunji citron, 9 pounds, 14" long......I must have it, but fortunately, perhaps, they ran out of grafted ones.

Found two stressed plants from the summer that were growing sprouts below the graft that had trifoliate leaves. I figured out I should cut them off, and did so.

How about you all?

Comments (17)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES