SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

A friendly reminder and warning..

meyermike_1micha
14 years ago

Warning, warning...

Many here are probably in the process of, or are going to be bringing their citrus indoors..

One of the first things we notice when we do, usually with in weeks, is that the leaves curl or look dehydrated, as if they are drying up from lack of water... My navel orange tree did just that within a week, even though the soil was moist...Please don't be fooled..

If you water your trees thinking they are thirsty, you could end up killing them as I always have in the past.

This is a first sign of shock coming in from the great more favorable outdoors , into a less friendly one.....Unless of course you can provide the light, humidity, open fresh air, rain, baths,beneficial bugs,and rights temps for them..

Please make sure the soil is absolutely dry before watering. If it is wet already, check for mites or something sucking the life from the leaves. If it is niether, then realize that it could be the direct result of enviromental change and work with that.

There is lots of great advice here on how to mimick the type of enviroment that citrus just love..

Just a friendly reminder...;-)

My navel tree? The leaves became beautiful again once I was able to stick it outdoors again, without a drink..

Take care..

Mike

Comments (13)