SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
midnightsmum

Weekend Trivia -- Sunday

Well, I'm on a roll now, right or wrong!! I will stay with the Christmas theme, but switch to film. We can sing later.

OK, it's the quintessential holiday movie now, but it was a bust when it was made - or so they said!!

Holiday Films for $100, Alex - Despite initially being considered a box office flop due to high production costs and stiff competition at the time of its release, the film has come to be regarded as a classic and a staple of Christmas television around the world. OK, smart guys - you'd have this in one - "It's a Wonderful Life"

OK, $200, Alex - It was nominated for 5 Oscars - how many did it win? Oh-ho - might have had you here, but the answer is none!!

$300 - Coca-Cola, Paterson tobacco pipes, La Unica cigars, Camel cigarettes, Lucky Strike cigarettes, Chesterfield cigarettes, Vaseline hair tonic, Penetro cough syrup, Pepto-Bismol, Bayer Aspirin ("for colds and influenza"), and The Saturday Evening Post.- How many products and advertisements were featured in Mr. Gower's drugstore?

$400 - What film beat it, as well as the beloved "Miracle on 34th Street" for the Oscar that year, 1947?? Yeah, you'd probably know this too - "The Best Years of Our Lives".

OK, so here we go to Final Jeopardy:

RKO initially bought the rights to the story "The Greatest Gift" for another Hollywood 'A-list' actor - and who would that be??

I'll be back, as always, with clues, if you need them!!

Nancy.

Comments (32)

Sponsored