SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jubileesong

Cut flowers for wedding--April/May

jubileesong
14 years ago

Hey there!! I found this forum as I was searching for flowers to plant for my wedding, and it looked like there might be some great information around here!

I'm getting married in late April-early May (the timeframe is set, but not the official date yet). I would like to have lots of flowers at my wedding, and really love the idea of supplementing the flowers I purchase with flowers from my own garden.

Though the primary use I plan for the garden flowers is in flower cones hanging on either side of the isle (doing double duty as decorations for the reception), depending on how much and what is blooming I'd work them into bouquets as well.

I have a TON of garden space. We live in the city, but have a decent sized lot. With exception to last year it hasn't been worked in much at all--hence all the spare room. I have a mixture of pretty deep shade (under a row of four very large crape myrtles)and bright all-day sun.

Oh, I'm doing a handful of spring colors for the wedding--yellow, royal blue, bright pink, kelly green, and purple--so I'd imagine most flower colors should match. ;)

Also, I'm pretty far north in zone 8, so I think zone 7 stuff should probably work... :-)

Thank you!!!

Sophia

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH