SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prairiegirlz5

Growing Your Own on Someone Else's Land

prairiegirlz5
15 years ago

Taking a study break to share with you an exciting, but confusing, dilemma. Mostly because I need the voice of experience. First of all, I had to interview a florist to get an idea of how they run their business, for school. Well, I love to garden, and we have a new local farmer's market, and you all have me curious about whether I could sell cut flowers there. Long story short, I interview local florist, he says he would buy ALL of my cuts!! Now I'm skeptical, but starting to feel good, like maybe I can do this thing. I don't have the land, BUT there is someone in town who does, do I dare ask her to rent her land to me? She used to grow pumpkins on it, so I know it's fertile, she probably just doesn't want to do it anymore. She used to be my daughter's Girl Scout troop leader, then her girls babysat for me when I needed someone for a couple of hours after school. So I know her & her family well, we just haven't been in touch for awhile. Is this crazy or what?? I have another girlfriend who will go along with whatever, she's great that way, heh. The question is, does anyone here farm on someone else's land? How would I handle irrigation? Thanks for your input.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer