SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
highlandernorth

Anyone ordered from Hilltop gardens dahlias in Cashiers NC?

highlandernorth
12 years ago

I was looking for a few certain varieties of dahlias this year, and I went to the "Big List" from Colorado dahlia society, but none of the suppliers listed had all the different ones I wanted in stock, and I didnt want to buy single tubers from 3-4 different sources and pay $7-$10 shipping for each tuber.

But then I got to hilltopdahlias.com on the bid list, and they had all the tubers I wanted in stock, so I ordered from them, and they linked to Paypal, so I paid there.

Then I decided to go back to the hilltop gardens(hilltopdahlias.com) website to get their phone number just in case I had questions, but I couldnt find a number or any real contact info other than 1 email address. I found that odd.

Plus I checked my email later, and saw the automatic receipt from paypal, but I still have not seen or received any email or receipt from hilltop, even though I emailed them. I ordered and paid on 4-1 and its now 4-7.

Also, after I picked each dahlia from their catalog and added it to my cart and paid, I then went back and saw on another page entirely, that you are supposed to tell them when to mail your tubers. It didnt say anything about that on the ordering page or on the description page.

So I emailed them letting them know to send them in 2 weeks from 4-1.

I just hope I have better luck here than from Dan's dahlias a few years ago! I had a good experience with Swan Island last year, and will be ordering a few more this year from them in a week or so, and so I recommended them to friends and people I met at a dahlia show I attended in September '11. I hope I can recommend hilltop too.......

Anyone bought from them?

Comments (20)