SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crazydogs

Weekend Trivia: Saturday

Good morning all. It is a cold, bright December morning here outside Washington DC. Our resident lion, Clouseau, is lying on a bench on the deck keeping watch while Annabelle prefers being in the warm house. I really should go out to play with Clouseau-he is still a pup at heart. Alas, I am more like Annabelle these days-warm room and tea for me this am. Not much else planned. I do want to get the car washed, but if I can convince Chuck to vacuum the floor mats inside for me, maybe that will be enough. If not, I might just get out there myself.

I suppose I should do some holiday-related trivia at this point, but last week was the 70th anniversary of Pearl Harbor which had a huge impact on my parents' generation. I watched a program that documented FDR's movements after the attack and learned something I never heard before. If you watched or heard about this, don't give it away too quickly!

Anyway, his "date that will live in infamy" speech was the culmination of the program and it was amazing to hear and see him deliver it to Congress. Chuck and I always marvel at how difficult even simple movement was for the President and how lucky the US has been at times of crisis to have just the right person or people needed (Revolution, Civil War, WWII). One unexpected person had a role in all this action on December 8th, 1941. Can you tell me how Al Capone had an unintended hand in Roosevelt's day?

I will return with clues if they are needed, my friends.

Cynthia

Comments (17)

Sponsored