SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fundybayfarm

Tulips and glad questions, please advise

Fundybayfarm
18 years ago

Hi. Yep, it's me again with more questions. I am currently planting another 400 tulips, a job I'm not too fond of, and was wondering if there is an easier way than digging holes, and if you all put them in at the suggested 8" down? It's a pain here with our rocky soil, plus I should have saved one row for these things since they have to be fenced in the spring. Our tiller goes down 5", so after you're past that, it's not easy digging. The other question is about storing glads. I pulled them yesterday, they were still green due to our crazy weather, but since it's getting late, I'm letting the leaves turn yellow in the barn, then will cut them back. I usually store them in large pots, layered in sawdust, and in the basement. But I was wondering if they would also be ok in feedbags, with no sawdust, stored in the same place? It would be much simpler to say the least. It was a good year for growing the corm, and I'll be anxious to count how many more than the 400 I put in, came out. Thanks for all you help.

Cheryl

Comments (9)

Sponsored