SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aftermidnight_gw

It's jelly making day at my house

Every time I opened the fridge door I'd spot the quince and cranberries sitting there waiting patiently for me to get my act together LOL. I got the recipe out for the Paradise Jelly we really like. Springing into action, if you can call it that at my age, also the fact there was only one jar left helped motivate me.

We really like this jelly with chicken which we seem to eat more than other meats.

Reading through the recipe I realized I hadn't bought any apples, DH went shopping for me and came home with a decent size bag of spartan apples that were on sale. He done good!!! Here's the recipe for anyone that's interested.

Paradise Jelly

3 cups of chopped quinces (wash the fuzz off and remove seeds)

2 cups of chopped apples

2 cups of cranberries

Add enough water that you can see it through the fruit.

(You also need pectin crystals, 1/4 cup of lemon juice and 5 1/2 cups of sugar)

Boil the first 4 together for 15 minutes, you need 5 cups of juice, when dripped/strained.

Add one package pectin crystals to dripped/strained juice. Bring to a boil. Add the 5 1/2 cups of sugar (it helps if the sugar has been heated to 200 deg. in the oven, so that you add hot sugar) and the 1/4 cup of lemon juice. Boil hard one minute. Bottle and seal with parawax. Another thing I do is embed a piece of string in the wax after pouring it over the jelly before the wax hardens, one tug and the wax pops out when you want to open the jelly.

Now it's on to making my freezer raspberry jelly-jam, I've also been putting off doing.

Annette

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations