SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coraloski

passionate newbies need a little advice

13 years ago

First of all, wow! a cut flower forum how totally awesome..i love the enthusiasm.

Im wondering if some of you would be able to give me some advice on my idea. I have several questions. I just purchased two acres, i'm tilling it up this summer to prepare for an acre of production come next spring. we had a soil test done, apart from iron,zinc and copper being in excess everything else is defiecient. we will be planting cover crops to hopefully help with the problem. the ph is 5.36 i'd love to go ahead with this full time, selling at the farmers market and various other locations.. the thing is, i don't have a lot of hands on experience, i'm reading alot of books! the flower farmer and the specialty cut flower book by armitage,,and this summer im going to go take a tour of some farms in the fraser valley..im nervous a little bit, is an acre totally ridiculous for a beginner? i'll have some help from my partner but hes new to cut flower too! hes passionate though and can lift alot of pounds :),. Also I need to know what I could plant now or next spring to have something to sell by june 2011. Are there any perrenials i could plant this fall? Whats the most affordable route considering the upfront costs involved. (We are putting up a hoophouse to get some seeds started early. thanks so much for your interest...oh right, about the soil test-could we get the nutrients we need by next year to grow beutifull flowers?

coral

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County