SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goshawker

June Update

goshawker
17 years ago

Just got in from cutting White Indigo(Baptisia Leucantha), Blue Indigo(Bap. Australis), Penestemon Digitalis and Golden Alexanders in the dark with my head lamp for delivery tomorrow. I made my first deliveries last week and it was great to finally have money come back in instead of just going out, you all know what I mean.

I've been planting Suns and Zinns every week for 4 weeks now and everything looks good, so far. We need some rain pretty badly as we haven't had much and we've had unseasonably HOT temperatures, 2 days over 95 already.

My woody shrub field is looking pretty good. I did have one major setback. For some reason only 12 of the 100 Annabelle Hydrangeas came up. My sales guy is coming over this week to have a look and says I'll probably get credited for all the dead ones, but he has to confirm that I did nothing wrong and that they were just bad bare root. My Cranberry Viburnums look fantastic, I'll finally be able to cut them this year. Waiting on the perrenials to be big enough to cut is like going to Grad School, lots of money out for the big payoff in the future. I'm hoping the future isn't too far away.

Hope this finds all of you busy but not crazy,

Steve

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus