SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daesaflgatorfan

Bloomless/fruitless Persian lime

daesaflgatorfan
16 years ago

I'm in SC, (misplanted Floridian here), and have a three foot Persian lime which I keep potted on my back deck. I also have a kumquat and Pink Striped lemon. The lime has yet to bloom, even though I bought all three trees at the same time, back in April.

All three are potted, (we get ice storms here, so I want to bring them in when the weather cools), and both the kumquat and lemon are fruiting.

What can I do to get my lime to bloom/set fruit? Also, my kumquat is dropping fruit. Not very many, and I'm not sure it isn't from high winds.

Thanx in advance!

Comments (3)

• malcolm_manners
    16 years ago

April to September is not a long time. There's likely nothing wrong. Just keep the plant happy -- plenty of light, water as needed, and enough fertilizer to keep it green. It will likely flower on the next growth flush. 'Tahiti' lime (a.k.a. "Persian") can flower several times a year, usually on the ends of each new growth flush. Has your tree been producing new branches?

• daesaflgatorfan
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanx. Yes, it has put out new branches. I'll keep it as long as it's alive, it's still a pretty tree. I hope it'll do something soon, though!

• birdsnblooms
    16 years ago

Daes, give the plant time, it'll eventually fruit..some citrus take longer than others..For instance, my Kumquat, Meyers and Ponderosa bloom/fruit more often than limes..
    As long as your tree is getting proper care, it will bloom/fruit.
    Follow Malcolm's advice..Toni

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting