SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plantlady2

More Dahlia Picts. to chase the Winter Blahs.

plantlady2
17 years ago

Here are some picts. that I took at various shows last couple of years. We didn't enter all of them I just like them all so took lots of picts.

This is a huge beauty originated by Bob Simon- & one of our favorites. It was entered in the Fraser Valley show by a fellow from Vancouver Island- & I think it should have won Best of Show- it was perfect! It's Ivory Palaces.

{{gwi:631671}}

This is another AA sized one- Jewell Huston- originated by Earl Huston back in 1992- still a gorgeous bloom.

{{gwi:631674}}

This is the best Hillcrest Kismet I have ever seen. It was such a gorgeous color. Entered by Frank & Margaret Snell in the Whatcom show a couple of years ago.

{{gwi:631677}}

This Trengrove Milleninum was in the Whatcom show a year or so ago. Entered by Dick Porter- it was stunning. The pict. doesn't do the color justice- it glowed like an opal.

{{gwi:631680}}

I can't remember who entered this Camano Pet in the Whatcom show but it was on the head table- it's so cute in person- you just want to "pet" it!

{{gwi:631683}}

This pretty arrangement in the Baker's Dozen catagory was entered by Sandy Boley- the vase is my favorite one! The dahlia's name is RJR.

{{gwi:631686}}

This is Lulu Island Dad- it's a mini-ball. Paul & Cheryl Howard's first seedling introduction- introduced this year. It won the Lynn B. Dudley Medal for the highest overall score for miniature on ADS show bench.

{{gwi:631689}}

I know- he's not a dahlia but he showed up in our back year a couple of days ago & he's the cutest thing around right now! We've never had a Quail on the farm before but I guess he must have heard there's a free lunch going on at Wynne Farm this winter so he joined the hoards of Junkos, Chickadees & Fat Birds (don't know their name so we just call them fat bird!)& came & stuffed himself!

{{gwi:631692}}

Comments (10)