SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susz52

what do you want to over-winter inside?

susz52
19 years ago

Now that winter is an immediate reality what do you want to bring inside to save for next year? I have several geraniums and some new designer coleus that I would prefer not to have to buy again. I have overwintered geraniums successfully for a number of years. Due to size and number of plants I will immediatley try to start cuttings to reduce space needed and store mother plants in the garage and cross my fingers. Coleus have been houseplants for ages but I should be able to make cuttings and discard larger plants. I want to keep too much and still want space to start seedlings for next summer. I have a large hibiscus that I can cut back severely but I can't imagine fitting much more in the sun room. Ideally I should have had a lot of this done but work had involved much overtime and the weather hasn't been good when I had some off time. It would make my choices easier if I had lost some. I will bury several pots and bedding plants that haven't a permanent home in the veggie garden and most of them will do fine overwinter. What are you bringing in and what choices do you have to make? I'm interested in solutions others may have to this dilemma.

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio