SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
steveningen

I'll be lucky if I'm not throttled in my sleep

Steveningen
16 years ago

This house remodeling stuff is like potato chips. Once you start, you just can't stop. Much to Brian's protestation, I'm actively taking bids on doing the dining room. He thinks I've completely lost my mind. After going through months of upheaval with the kitchen, he wants a break. Well, he ain't gonna get one.

When we bought the house, the very first project we decided needed to be done was to rip out the hideous 70's paneling in the dining room. No problem, we thought, just pull it down, patch over the holes and paint. Right. This (cover your ears) crap was GLUED to the walls. Some of you may remember my hallway project. Pulling the paneling off took huge chunks of plaster with it. If the glue didn't pull off the plaster, it stuck to the wall and had to be chiseled off.

{{gwi:613952}}

We've been dreading doing the dining room. But now that the kitchen is finished this room looks 100 times worse. I can't pass through it without cringing. I've decided to scrap my trip to Holland and spend the money on getting rid of the eyesore.

So here's a "before" picture:

{{gwi:613954}}

Now if I can convince Brian not to have me committed, I'll show you an "after" when it's all done.

Steven

Comments (14)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH