SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girlgroupgirl

Do you remember Boo Boo Kitty?

girlgroupgirl
13 years ago

Do you remember tails of my sweet Boo Boo Kitty from several years ago?

I just wanted to let you know she has lymphoma again. Her spleen is once again enlarged, kidneys are effected, her entire small intestine is tumorous (which means she is starving, but can't get nutrition from food so is so skinny now).

She's been put on a small dose of steroid on Friday, and a new vet is supposed to come to the home with some Chinese herbs..however I'm a bit distressed as she has not called but said she would. She's a wonderful vet (Bippy sees her).

If you don't know Boo Boo, she is a cat with quite a history. After a trip to Toronto, she came to us and stayed under our car a few days while we fed her. I asked her to bring me her babies (she was lactating) and she brought me Monkee and put him in my hands. She and I have been best friends ever since, but have had our moments. When Boo came to us she had slipped back into heat - and I had to have her fixed immediately. This meant staying up over 72 hours straight with her CATTERWAILING to get out. Finally I couldn't stand it any more and let her out. She went and peed in the herb bed, came right back in and laid on my lap (for the first time). After that she was an in and out cat.

Then she had the seizure. Was hardly able to breathe. It was heartworm and they were dying in her. We rushed her to emergency, they put her in an iron lung and she survived.

A few years later, Boo was out on one of her galavants and ended up with a nail right through the bottom of her chin. It took her days to show me...by then it was infected, blood infection - a mess. Thank God for that vet, Boo Boo survived.

About a year after that our good friends decided to get married in Las Vegas so my DH and I went to "stand up" for them. During that time Boo Boo escaped the cat sitter and was outside with a boyfriend for a week straight. The cat sitter had not even noticed (or I would have flown right back home!) - a year later Boo Boo came down with Lymphoma. Boyfriend had been carrying Feline Leukemia which Boo had been inoculated for, but sometimes it mutates. She had spleen lymphoma and went through radiation for just over a year. It was a very tough time for us all, but Boo did great.

She was with me during my operation, when I broke my foot, anytime I'm sick - Boo Boo doesn't leave my side. We've been bonded since the day she came to us, there is no mistaking who her human is!

So now lymphoma is back and it's time for Boo to go to Kitty Heaven. I will not put her through chemo again, and face doing that repeatedly for my own sake to keep her around. I do feel terrible for her son, who we have kept. Monkee LOVES his mama, and it will be so difficult when she is gone.

But as Boo Boo won't leave me when I am sick, I won't leave her. She's my baby girl, such a great cat. Turned from the scrappiest, mangiest insane feral feline into the most gentle, loving 100% companion. I have 5 more babies, but I will miss her.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County