SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
the_white_rabbit

Need ideas for a new bed

the_white_rabbit
15 years ago

I don't really frequent this forum, but I popped in for a read and have a question. First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm the white rabbit, and a beginning gardener. I'm only 21 years old but come from a farming family and have a passion for Victory Gardens. I am putting in a new bed at my home this year for my new wife (well as of may 2nd she will be) She said she doesn't care as long as it's pretty, and since we don't have much money and i'm not very good at most other things this bed will be my gift to her. Something that will be planted for her to enjoy year after year.

so I decided to make it a cutting garden. My grandmother always has fresh cut flowers on her tables and in her kitchen from her very own cutting garden and I think that is something rather special.

I have no clue what to plant though, and when to plant it for that matter. I would rather direct sow things and I have been gathering some seeds through trades and things of that nature. Only cut flowers I have though are as follows;

-tabaco sunburst sunflowers

-Shasta daisy

-Love lays dieing (from canada)

So, as you can see i'm in a spot where I will be buying most of what to put in. I'm way ok with that but when I stand in front of the seed racks I have no clue what I'm looking at. Please suggest things...I can really use the help

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting