SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crazydogs

Weekend Trivia: Saturday

Good morning everyone! It is VERY early, but I have been awake since 2am, so I figured I may as well do something productive. I am also worried that I may fall asleep just when I should be getting up and posting. I suspect I should have waited to take the Claritan D until morning. This was my first time trying it and my allergies are bothersome at night. I will wait until Sunday morning for the next one, though. Lesson learned!

So, for today-have you ever wondered why some coins have those little ridges along their sides? The answer goes back to 1792, when the Coinage Act established the U.S. Mint. I don't know if any Canadian coins have ridges, so apologies to Nancy and Annette if she happens to look in today. That same act of legislation also specified that $10, $5 and $2.50 coins (known as eagles, half-eagles and quarter-eagles) were to be made of their face value in gold, while dollar, half-dollar, quarter-dollar, dime and half-dime coins were to be made of their value in silver. the cent and half-cent coins were made of copper which was cheaper. The ridges were not there at first. Do you know why they were added?

Hmmm, writing the question didn't take very long. Too dark to garden and I am most definitely not getting up to clean! I will be back with clues if I don't end up snoozing the day away. Jeepers.my entire schedule is going to be thrown off by this insomnia! Ugh.

Cynthia

Comments (15)

Sponsored