SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bfff_tx

Message for all_bout_flowers

bfff_tx
16 years ago

all_bout_flowers

Can you tell me what spacing you planted the Orlaya on (eg: 9x12 or 12x12 or 18x12), does it need support (hortnova) if so, 1 or two layers and about how tall does it get. I'm not finding alot of cultural info about it, so any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kim

* Posted by all_bout_flowers 8 (My Page) on

Fri, Jan 18, 08 at 17:40

Kim,

You'll like Orlaya I tried it last year and I like it better than queen ann's it last a long time and does shed too bad

RE: grow lists 2008

Comments (2)

• all_bout_flowers
    16 years ago

Orlaya grandiflora-I hate to admitt but I neglected this plant badly. I started my seed late (April), because it was so wet and cold here and probably got the plant in the ground in June. Through out the summer not getting watered regularly and weeded around it still thrived. It grows like Queen Ann not as big probably two feet it looks like the flower of corriander. It lasted at least 7 days if not longer in a vase with plain water and still looked good. I picked some for the florist (she's always a little leary on new flowers) and she loved it. I am very allergic to Q.A. but not so much to this. As far as using support probably would be a good idea as with Queen Ann's, I place them 1 foot apart. This year it will get the royal treatment after showing me it is worth the effort.
    Happy Gardening,
    Kathy

• bfff_tx
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Kathy
    Thank you very much. I plan on planting it in the same row with the Ammi's, Majus & Visnaga. It'll be going in the ground within the week, so I hope it can take some light frosts as the Ammi's do. Its looks like it may be a great foliage plant too. Greatly appreciate your response.
    Cheers - Kim

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting