SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
midnightsmum

Weekend Trivia -- Sunday

Well, yes, I'm finally here!! Another rainy Sunday morning - what can I say, I love the ssssssss sound the car tires make going by. Also good that it is cooler, as I plan to make chili sauce today.

The 20th century saw two 'world' wars and many firsts. Prior to World War II, a furious search for what became usable radar was carried out in 8 nations. The need for secrecy was paramount for this, and for all other prewar and war-time projects. For this purpose, Germany adopted the use of an Enigma machine, which had been designed by a Dutchman, Hugo Koch, in 1919. They adapted this machine, and considered it unbreakable. They were wrong. Beginning in Poland in the 30's, then Britain and finally the US, men and women laboured tirelessly to break the code. In the progress of this work, another first, something far more important to the 20th century, and the 21st century, was created. What was it?

I am a war and history nut, as you all are discovering, and I didn't know this fact till I started my research this week. Maybe more formally trained minds knew this already, but I was blown away with this fact. So, clues may be difficult without giving it all away - maybe TM knows already?? Mmmmm...off to skin tomatoes!!!

Nancy.

Comments (29)

Sponsored