SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crazydogs

Weekend Trivia: Sunday

Good morning all. It is supposed to warm up into the 60s today. Of course it is-it is only because we are expected to get precipitation tonight and tomorrow and the powers that be do not want me to get any snow! Aaarrrggghh.

Anyway, like Nancy, I was thinking of a literary question today albeit on a lower plane. John Steinbeck is known for so many novels and stories. He is also known for his hard work and concentration when writing. His story Of Mice and Men is one that has stuck with me since high school. I remember reading it through in our new library which had comfy chairs tucked into alcoves looking out to the trees around our new building and bursting into tears at the end. Thank goodness I was hidden away.

Anyway, something happened that caused Steinbeck to have to rewrite two months of work. He lost his entire manuscript and had no notes or anything to fall back on. What happened?

FYI - If you know the answer - try to not give it away too quickly. No fair looking up the answer! We always continue to give clues which are often embedded in what may appear to be random musings throughout the day until it is obvious that everyone either knows the answer or those who don't give up. Our players who have discovered the answer may drop clues as well - it's part of the fun.

Cynthia

Comments (24)

Sponsored