SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
midnightsmum

Weekend Trivia -- Sunday

Good Morning, Cottagers. Well I am up early for me, thinking that I could get a little work done around the house in the cool of the morning - ha! It is barely down from 30C, though it did rain a bit in the night. It's overcast, and 'they' say we'll get showers today!! 'We'll' see!!

{{gwi:609457}}

Well, she died 50 years ago today! When she died, she was the most desired woman of her time. Many mysteries remain about her, even 50 years later. 'She', of course is and was Marilyn Munroe. She was a fascinating complication and our paper published '40 things you didn't know about Marilyn Munroe' in the Arts & Life section last week. She was not well paid in her lifetime: In Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Jane Russell made 10 times as much as Marilyn. Her salary for her final, unfinished film, Somethings Got to Give was $100,000.00. At the time, Elizabeth Taylor got $1 million for Cleopatra. Her co-star, Dean Martin was paid $500,000.00. She died however, having become a million-dollar movie star, as Fox had just offered her $1 million for a two-picture deal. She was Playboy's first Sweetheart of the Month, later called Playmate of the Month. She was, however, only the second woman in Hollywood to do something......huh, what would 'this' be? As with much of her life, 'this' may or may not be surprising. There are a few clues that don't give it away, but maybe you could have fun guessing, but maybe we could play the Warmer/Colder game. Sound like fun??

Nancy.

Comments (20)

Sponsored