SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
calzone_24

What is going on with my dwarf Eureka lemon? (pics)

calzone_24
17 years ago

Hello! I need some help from some citrus gurus!

Back in May I purchased a dwarf Eureka lemon tree from OSH. It was grown by Four Winds Growers, and came in a #5 container. I re-potted it about a week after I brought it home into a 12" diameter, 10" deep plastic pot. I used OSH brand potting soil.

I fertilized with 3TBSP of EB Stone citrus food on 6/7. By 6/15 I noticed some new growth, just some small reddish sprouts, and by 6/29, the new growth had turned a nice light green.

In July, the new growth turned a nice dark green. I didn't fertilize that month. Just watered. At the end of the month went on vacation and put the tree on the grass, in slight shade, in a line of plants under a soaker hose timed to run for 1 hr/day. When I returned (after 5 days), the tree seemed happy but had sent a few roots out of the drainage holes into the ground underneath. I moved the tree back to its home on the pavers and back into full sun.

In early August there was another flush of new growth. It has remained light in color, however, and I have noticed some brown, puckered spots on quite a few of the new leaves. This last weekend I added another 3 TBSP of fertilizer.

Can someone please take a look at my photos and give me some advice? What I've done wrong, what I've done right, why the spots, any pest problems you think I might have, etc. This is the first citrus tree I have ever had. I have spent hours reading past posts here and have learned a lot (I think!), but it would help me a lot to have an experienced opinion on the health of my particular tree. TIA!

Oh, and the ph of my water here is quite high, in the range of 8. I know that's not good, but I can't seem to sort out whether I need to worry about that or not.

Dwarf Eureka lemon

{{gwi:613794}}

Typical brown puckered spots

{{gwi:613796}}

This photo shows a couple of little, circular reddish/brown spots that seem to be raised up slightly off the leaves. Any ideas as to what these could be?

{{gwi:613798}}

Just another example

{{gwi:613800}}

Difference in color between new and old growth

{{gwi:613801}}

Comments (5)