SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
delitebrite

What are these bumps on my echeveria?

delitebrite
9 years ago

I am new to succulents. Last month I bought an echeveria and a sempervivum. The sempervivum is doing really well and already growing quite a few "chicks". The echeveria is not doing quite as beautifully, which I expected because the sales rep told me they may not do as well indoors in our area as sempervivum. I have had them both for three or four weeks in a location where they get a lot of sun each day. I have watered the sempervivum once since I purchased it and the echeveria twice because it seems to dry out faster.

Yesterday I noticed these tiny little bumps on the leaves on my echeveria. I have tried doing multiple searches but I haven't come up with anything. Other than these bumps, the plant seems to be doing fairly well. It does have quite a few leaves drying out on the bottom, which I am told is normal however it seems to me it might be in high proportion especially because I haven't noticed much new growth with the echeveria. Are the bumps something I should be worried about, and if so what are they indicative of?

Thank you!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH