SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

Help..How do you handle watering this time of year cold nights?

meyermike_1micha
13 years ago

Hi everyone..

I was wondering how I am suppsoe to handle watering my plants in my type of weather since this is a first for me leaving them outside this long..

I have them protected from the rain..They sit on my roof in full sun and it gets pretty warm underr the plastic covering..But then, if it is a cold day, all the sun has to do is go behind the clouds and that's it, the temps drop..

At night after a very warm sunny day like today, it can get hot in there, all the plants are dry and I do not want to dehydrate them by withholding water for fear of cold nights, and if I water, it seems only the ones that are in the gritty mix dry out good enough by night fall, that is if teh sun stayas out all day..I figure just one day in the cold with damp soil, they would die? Am I right?

Would it be better if I just brought them inside and left them in a sunny exposure, although that room will dip into the low 60's regulary..Of course then I will cut back watering even more so since many will not be sitting in the very warm sun all day on a hot roof..

Then the ones still in a more peaty mix, are still damp by night fall and the cold nights..

But, remember, they are bone dry if I do not water because the sun can still be very hot this time of year , so I do not want to withhold water too long either.

I am very confused and could use your idea's to make this a bit easier..

Thank you much for helping

Mike

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County