SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
keesha2006

update on my sisters heart

15 years ago

surgery will take place mid July. They will replace her heart valve with a pig valve..or at least at this time, they believe that is what will occur. She is undecided it it will be traditional surgery or a newer robotic surgery that is less invasive...it is her decision to make. She asked me what I would do...how do you answer that question....how do I know what I would do. I told her to trust her instincts and once she makes her decision to trust her gut and not look back. SOme further testing is occuring to be sure pg valve is best at this time.. She has spent the last year, attempting to buy time, and played with medications to buy time, seeing several drs..getting second opinions.... But now, there is no more time. The surgery must go forward... Some old family heart history has become an important factor in this....At 38 years old, my sister will have her heart valve replaced...I never ever would of thought that....thank you for all who offered support last summer when this first came to light...sad night tonight...I know it will all work out and be ok..but it is a good reality check....value what is important..your health and your family...the price of gas, the recession, our gardens, vacation plans, the drought, or heat....they all seem just minor...without health and life..not a one of them mean jack...

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths