SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pandanwaffles

gritty mix and fertilzing

pandanwaffles
9 years ago

Hello all! I finally decided to make the switch to Al's gritty mix. I've bought poultry grit (hoping that's the same as chicken grit, seeing as there is a big picture of chickens on the bag?) and fur bark and plan on getting turface today, but I have a question regarding fertilizing. I know it's been recommended to use the Dyna-Gro Foliage Pro, so that's what I intend on getting. But since this is the first time I've ever actually had plants of my own to care for (finally left the nest!), I'm a complete newbie with relatively no knowledge of what I'm doing.

What I'm mostly curious about is how often are you supposed to fertilize with the Foliage Pro? I've read that some people fertilize with every watering, and some fertilize once a week? I'm a little confused on which route to take and how much to use. I'm just super paranoid about doing it wrong and completely ruining these little guys.

I've become very interested in caring for plants, especially succulents, since I've moved out. But since I live in an apartment, I don't have the luxury of growing plants in a nice garden or have much space to buy more. Which is another reason why succulents are so appealing to me, considering the few I have aren't too space-consuming. I really wanna do this right, so any tips from you pros would be lovely :P

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!