SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
denisema18_gw

when to re-pot/adjust soil?

17 years ago

I have a meyer lemon and a bearse lime tree. We bought them and potted them in February of this year.

They did great for a while, then we had some issues with the lemon (falling leaves, etc). That probelm seems to be solved (I think it was underwatered...a moisture meter is priceless!). Now I noticed a problem with the lime...looks like there is a white sticky mold all over the lower stems and some leaves. But it was also all over the pot and the floor. I am thinking it perhaps grew from the insecticide we had sprayed on the plant a month or so ago. Needless to say, I've brought both plants outside for a good spray and cleaned them off best I can with water and my hands.

However, now I'm concerend about the soil. There is still a bit of this white substance on the surface of the lime soil. How do I remedy this?

Do I need to repot the entire plant (and the lemon for that matter), or just remove top layer and replace with new soil?

Should I apply a fungicide?

In general, how often do you change the soil?

These plants are more difficult to care for than I had thought, and I consider myself a huge green thumb. It seems plants always thrive out of control in my hands!

thanks

Denise

Comments (5)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio