SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
memo3

Meet Jackie....

memo3
14 years ago

{{gwi:601125}}

This is Jackie, she is the runt of a litter of pups we had. Sadie is her mother and is a small Jack Russell Terrior. Her father is a very small Chihuahua named Jose. Jose belongs to one of my uncles. He is larger than Jackie. There were four pups total in this liter. The other three are slightly larger than Jackie but still much smaller than their mother. Jackie is will be six months old later this week. She currently weighs 20 Oz. She has gained quite a bit since we switched her to puppy chow. Regular dog food is apparently to big for her to chew, though the pieces seem small to me. Or maybe it just tastes better. Ha! She loves riding in cars and lays on my forearm when we travel. She doesn't do much for keeping your feet warm at night. LOL!

Here is a pic of Jackie and her mother, Sadie.

{{gwi:601126}}

Sadie is two years old, a lousy rabbit hunter, and very very needy, meaning she thinks she has to lay up on your chest with her paws wrapped around your neck. It wouldn't be so bad but her claws scratch you while she is getting into this position. Then she proceeds to lick and clean your ears. It makes it a little hard to watch a TV show. She is an excellent mother though and has taught little Jackie how to hunt and how to go for the throat for the kill. We have one other Jack Russell named Babe, who is an excellent rabbit hunter. She however hate getting rabbit fur in her mouth so she gives all her kills to the other dogs. We also have a Blue Tick coon hound who has adopted little Jackie and has taught her how to go down in the holes and chase the coons out. So far this spring the dogs have done battle with a porcupine and a skunk. We're still pulling quills out of poor Sadie as they surface. Such is the life of a country dog.

Comments (8)

Sponsored