SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
midnightsmum

Weekend Trivia -- Sunday

Happy Easter to All!! Hope all the ladies got their new Easter bonnets, and had a chance to show them off!! At this time in my life, the only thing I miss about going to church is the music.

Music I thought!! We haven't done music in a while, so I searched for a theme or a question. Actually, I had a terrific question lined up for you, non-musical, but couldn't find a crucial piece of my presentation, so I decided to shelve it for later!!

So, my question isn't about a single performer, or even a group. It's about a legendary club. Given the knowledge of this group, it might be treading on dangerous (easy) ground, but here goes:

This club played an important role in the careers of Elton John, Linda Ronstadt, Hoyt Axton, the Eagles, The Byrds, Joni Mitchell, James Taylor, Carole King, Bonnie Raitt, J.D. Souther, Jackson Browne, Van Morrison, Buffalo Springfield and other prominent and successful performers, who played performances there establishing their future fame. It was frequented not only by already famous performers but also by scouts for record companies. Not only did musicians get that all important break, but Cheech & Chong and Steve Martin also had break-out gigs here. What club am I talking about?? I definitely have clues, but I'll let the music run free in your minds for a while.

Nancy - and btw, way, the only clues are in the last paragraph, lest I send you off down the wrong path.

Comments (16)

Sponsored