SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crazydogs

Weekend Trivia: Saturday

I probably should start out by apologizing for going back to US history today. The past week at school has been unimaginably dreadful with IEP meetings (all of which require a translator since despite having lived here for a minimum of 10 years and usually more-4th graders born here in the US-and parents still speak no English) and the state required portfolios showing mastery of ALL the Language Arts standards due this coming Monday. I was on the go all week (yesterday was a 7am-5pm day without even a lunch break-ugh!). I am writing up an educational evaluation this weekend, but I can see the end in sight, so it is all good...except for the trivia. Had no time to really think or research at all.

So, here goes with apologies to Annette and Nancy and any other northern relatives.

Martin Van Buren is one of those Presidents about whom most people know very little. He does stand out in history though for one particular acomplishment (?). He was our 8th president after George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, James Monroe, John Quincy Adams, and Andrew Jackson. Can you figure out what made him stand out from his predecessors?

I will be back later. Hope everyone has a wonderful morning. I can't decide whether to go to the nursery to get some plants for my containers and some dirt to fill all the holes Annabelle has dug or just clean around here. We are supposed to get rain today and maybe tomorrow, too. I am keeping my fingers crossed (and everything else too-ha) in the hopes that we get a good soaking. We are in desperate need which does not bode well for the summer. Please notice that I left my school work out of the activity choices! ;)

Cynthia

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor