SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cactusmcharris

This is the unwanted Tephrocactus

Cactus Dude recently posted that he's looking for unusual Tephrocactus, and that he wasn't interested in the usual one. Well, here's something for everyone. Below is the cactusususus he doesn't interested in acquiring (perhaps because he already has it). It has absolutely, stunningly, with-all-inexplicably-and-robustly-opulent-growth put on a show, in terms of fecundity, in other words, made itself at home in the ground here, where it has been for a little over a year.

I had a different plant, in a pot in San Diego, for years, and it did very little. Yet here it's gone all Warp Factor Ten on me, much to my enjoyment (I've always been a soft touch for Tephros, AKA Jethrocactus).

{{gwi:657011}}

Since it was Friday and the eagle flew, we had a cold one with Willy;

{{gwi:467334}}

This cactus also flowered this summer (simple white flower, of no particular distinction other than it was a flower) but I didn't get a picture of it.

So, as to suggestions, the most beautiful Tephrocactus...hmmm, it's either Tephrocactus paediophylly (or whatever name it's going by these day) or T. geometricus, IMHO. I used to have both. Perhaps if Cactus Dude emailed Cactus Jordi he might get some leads on the pretty stumps of South America that many Tephros are.

Tephrocacti, Argentinian (mostly, if not all, I think) in flavour, but international in taste.

{{gwi:657012}}

{{gwi:657013}}

And, finally, I hope you'll all take a moment and write your Senator/Congressman/MLA to protest the treatment of Tucson tarantula by paparazzi. But, in all fairness, the spider was making Lindsey Lohan-like moves.

{{gwi:657014}}

Comments (3)