SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crazydogs

Weekend Trivia: Saturday

Good morning all.

It is a beautiful day here and I have lots planned, so I will just get to the trivia, but I may not get back after 10 am until around 5 pm.

As everyone is probably aware, today is the 100th anniversary of the day the Titanic hit the iceberg, so of course, we have to have questions about that. Since the Titanic has fascinated people for 100 years, I trhought we would go with several questions rather than just one today. I will give stars for any question you get correct!

1. Many newspapers published many articles about the Titanic. Some headlines decared everyone rescued which was obviously, and sadly, incorrect. What was unique about the coverage by the Atlantic Daily Bulletin?

2. What connection is there between the Titanic and Harvard University?

a. Abbot Lawrence Lowell, the president of the university was aboard the ship and did not survive.

b. Harry Widener, a recent graduate was a board and the Widener Library was given to honor him

c. there is no connection

d. Thomas Andrews Jr., the ship's achitect, who was aboard for the maiden voyage and also perished, was a graduate of Harvard

3. William T. Stead was a British spiritualist, writer, and peace activist coming to the States at the request of President Taft to address a peace conference at Carnegie Hall. What is the strange coincidence connecting him to the disaster other than that he perished?

4. The entire ship was, as we all know, quite opulent. It even had automatic flush toilets! What was so interesting about that?

5. A first-class ticket cost around $4350, a second-class ticket cost approximately $1750. Did a third-class ticket cost about:

a. $175

b. $85

c. $30

d. $250

I may not get back much with clues, so I hope you all have lots of interest and knowledge about the Titanic. Have a wonderful day. I will be back at some point!

Cynthia

Comments (13)

Sponsored