SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flowerlady6

Valentine's Day Plans Anyone?

FlowerLady6
16 years ago

Hope everyone has a loving Valentine's day whatever you do. Ever since I was a new bride, I have enjoyed fixing us special dinners and this Valentine's day is no exception. We do not go out to eat as a rule. Too expensive, too noisy, too much hassle. Home sweet home is where we like to eat.

Here are my plans so far.

Smoked salmon cream cheese spread - on crackers

Asparagus - not sure how I'm fixing yet

Garlic mashed potatoes

Chicken Cordon Bleu - baked

A nice white wine, haven't picked that out yet either.

Today I've been working on chocolate covered cherries and truffles. I've never made either before and so far they are turning out nicely. I will take pictures and post recipes of them. The truffles mixture was divided into thirds, one has orange liqueur, one has Southern comfort, the other has peppermint schnapps. The Southern comfort ones were rolled in finely chopped pecans. The peppermint ones will be rolled in colored sprinkles, and the orange liqueur ones will be rolled in either powdered sugar or natural cane sugar. DH caught me with the maraschino cherries draining and asked what I was doing. I laughed and said it was a surprise.

I wanted to get the candies done today because I have to work tomorrow and Thursday. I will have the chicken cordon bleu oven ready so that I'll just have to pop it in the oven when I get home. I may make up the potatoes ahead of time too.

I printed up and cut out colorful hearts in different colors and will hang them somewhere.

For me everyday can be a day to express love, but Valentine's day is a day to do something extra special. DH has encouraged me and complemented me on my cooking since the beginning and believe me I hardly knew how to boil water. I love making special dinners for him.

Do any of you fix anything special or do something nice? I would love to hear your plans.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

Comments (20)

Sponsored