SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
midnightsmum

Weekend Trivia -- Sunday

Happy Sunday Morning Cottagers!! It is a brilliant sunny morning here. Blue skies abound, with a few wispy clouds.

Well, you may not believe it, but Cynthia and I do not discuss our Trivia ideas in advance!! Sometimes we have what I refer to 'mind-melds', and this week is no exception. I was thinking about the environment this week, as well. Catalytic converters were introduced in the 1970s to meet tightening emissions regulations and our desire for a greener world. They helped fuel to burn more completely in vehicles. These converters did not work well on leaded gas, so unleaded was introduced. Twenty-three years later (one year more in the US), Tetraethyllead, "Fill 'er up with Ethyl" was finally banned in Canada. An era was over. Getting rid of 'Ethyl' has had another, very happy, effect in our countries, in all countries, actually, where it has been banned.....hmmmm, any ideas what this accidental effect might be?? Are you ahead of me, again, or is this news to you, as well? I'll be back with clues!!

Nancy.

Comments (24)

Sponsored