SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texjagman

Japanese Maple Supplier

texjagman
14 years ago

I'm not typically one for promoting someone but I just got an order from a supplier I was very happy with I thought I'd share.

The company was Maple Ridge Nursery out of Georgia. They specialize in plants that can take our southern US heat. And they have a huge variety of japanese maples. I was looking for 4 decent size specimens and they had all 4. Their prices weren't cheap, but reasonable I felt for the size. I got all 4 in 3 gallon size pots - 18-24" tall nicely branched plants. They were $65 each and shipping was $19.50 for the first and $14.50 for everyone thereafter.

They had no problem holding them until I was ready for them to ship in between all the ice storms. They arrived well packaged and very protected.

So as I say they weren't cheap, but they have a great variety of good looking, full trunked and fully branched plants.

I also wanted to pass along something else. With this garden remodel we're doing I wanted to do something special for my wife, so I have now named our gardens ( as many of you that have larger gardens do ). I thought it would be nice to post a couple of nice signs with the garden's name around the garden so I went out and found a company that does really nice laser engraved signs in wood.

They have a really hands-on website that will actually help you design your sign, or what I did was simply send them a file drawing of the logo I had already come up with. They scanned that into their system and made a couple of really nice 9" X 16" signs out of clear cedar. I had them reverse engrave the wood so the logo was in fact raised and all the background was cut out. They then stained the background dark and gave it a couple of polyurethane coats for good outdoor protection. The work was spectacular and the price was cheap I felt for custom wood signs, especially since the reverse engraving means they are cutting out 90% of the wood. She only charged me $45 a piece for the finished signs. I think their regular signs without the reverse cutting process were only like $30. I'll post a picture of one of ours later.

Anyway that company name was Elite engravings - www.engravedwoodsigns.com

So please don't take this as some kind of spam. I have no connection to either company. I just wanted to pass on a couple of folks I was really happy in dealing with lately.

mark

Comments (5)